Thursday, April 16, 2009

How do I buy foreclosures directly from the government?

Do you have to be a real estate broker or agent (and have brokerage license) in order to buy directly from the government? What prices can I expect on foreclosures in our declining economy? I don't want to pay anything higher than expected in our current economy. Where can obtain the foreclosure listings and other info for free? Please direct me to a proper website that explains all this. Thanks.


Start with this site http://www.hud.gov/homes/index.cfm.

The only government owned foreclosures I know of are HUD homes. I have never heard of HUD selling directly to a private person without it being listed with a Realtor.

Of course you don't want to overpay, who does?

Foreclosure websites are notoriously inaccurate, don't waste your time.

I always suggest to buyers to consider more than foreclosures. There are plenty of good deals out there, so limiting your search to foreclosures is not a good idea. Plus, lenders can be very challenging to work with, making a home purchase very frustrating.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Lenders foreclose, not "the government."

hud.gov is the best resource for what you want

No comments:

Post a Comment