Friday, April 17, 2009

What are the advantages of working with the state government?

I just got a job with the state government. We're responsible for assessing properties such as houses, farms, condos, and duplexes, and determining the property tax based on the assessed value.

Are there any perks, outside of the job, that comes with working with the government?

What about hot women? I would like them as one of the perks. ;) I'm 23, a college student. This job will definitely benefit me.


No hot women..but I hear the retirement plan is great. haha

Well, I went on disability from the state and now I"m going on retirement from them. In the last 4 years due to me having to raise 4 grandchildren and have gotten in really bad debt on loans and credit cards and have collection agencies after me. But because disability pay and state retirment is exempt from garnishment and judgements they can't get anything. You retirement benefits are also exempt from bankruptcy. You may not think this is important now but it will be in the years to come. At least stay with them for 10 years to get vested in retirement. Aso, you can transfer to other jobs within the state employment without a big hassle and they are more apt to hire you

You don't have to be polite to the public. Your job is fireproof unless you contradict the boss, kill somebody, or work drunk or stoned.

You do accumulate a lot of vacation and sick time, in Louisiana anyway (my mom worked for the state). Also job security.

No comments:

Post a Comment