Wednesday, April 8, 2009

How is the government's failure to settle on tax rebates going to effect your tax filing time line?

I was just reading yet another article on the governments tax rebate plan. Since they have not passed anything yet, does that mean I should hold off on starting my filing? I do my own taxes and if, or rather, can I file before the government if something does not pass something does not pass? Also if I can file prior to the tax rebate passing can I refile? Or maybe I should wait till its all done and said? How is this effecting any of you?


The rebates are for 2008.

The rebates have nothing to do with your 2007 taxes.

The 2007 delays are due to AMT squabbling last December.

If an advance check rebate comes to pass, the IRS will use the income information on your 2007 tax return to determine what amount to send you. They won't send any checks before June, so you should file before then.

No effect on your tax filing. Last time Bush had checks mailed out at great cost to government. Right now it's all HOT AIR and may never come to anything. Last time didn't have to file for it, but IF you hadn't filed your return, you didn't get rebate. Don't wait, file NOW.

the rebates will go on your 2008 tax application not for 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment