Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What does the government search for in background checks when you apply for a govt. position?

I would like to apply for a couple positions within the government, State Dept. and others like the CIA. Can you please tell me what kind of things they will search into when doing a government background check? I assume it is pretty in depth and they search further than the average company background check. Any information will help.


I don't know based on experience, this is only my opinion...

I think they might check your credit history, do a criminal background check, and check your employment history for the past ten years and the home(s) you have resided in for the past ten years I guess if you have been or currently renting they might check with the landlord(s) to make sure you pay your rent/mortgage on time.

They want to find out if you can lie, cheat and steal, otherwise you would have a real hard time fitting in with those already there!

About as much as the CEO of AIG paid in taxes for last year

.

2007 that is

No comments:

Post a Comment