Friday, April 10, 2009

How did the Australian government respond to the threat of communism after World War II?

I'm doing this essay on: how did the Australian government respond to the threat of communism after World War II (arrrgh history homework).

In my essay I wrote about the Korean war and Australia's involvement, the SEATO, the ANZUS Treaty, and the Cold War spy drama on Petrov Affair (the Russian spy). How should I conclude my essay? (In two or three sentences) Please help me! Thank you!


If it's just a conclusion you're after, the key thing is to emphasize key points from the main body of your essay.......DON'T add new info here. Also don't forget the vietnam war and the posturing of the Aussie Defence force in the north if you haven't already got these in your essay. The main thing with essays is to keep it simple. I know I may not be of too much help, but I can't see what you've written. Good luck !!

Have you mentioned? The banning of the Communist Party of Australia by the Menzies Government, which was overturned by the High Court. A referendum to ban the CPA was narrowly defeated.

Contrast to the McCarthy hearings in USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment