Saturday, April 11, 2009

What agency of the government should I contact to protect my ownership of the idea of my invention?

Just the other day I had a great idea for an invention. What agency of the government should I contact to protect my ownership of the idea of my invention?


Depending on what you've done you either need Patent Protection or Copyright protection.

The US Patent and Trade Mark Office is the place to start. You should first search whether or not your idea has already been patented/copyrighted. This is part of the process of applying for a patent. Sometimes your idea may fall under anothrr patent for something totally different then you intend.

below is the link to the office

Patent agency?

http://www.uspto.gov/

you might look under inventor support. hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment